For the latest information on school admissions please visit Oxfordshire County Council's Admissions webpage (link below). Here you will find a 'Starting School Guide', Key Dates and 'Important things to remember when applying for a school place'.
Admission Appeals Timeline (pdf)
As a county primary school our admissions are dealt with by Oxfordshire County Council. Their webpage (see above link) has all the information you need to assist you with selecting a school and applying for a place. The main Admission Team is also available on 01865 815175.We warmly enourage prospective parents within and outside the village to consider our primary school for their children. Visits to look round the school while 'in action' are welcomed and can easily be arranged by calling the School Office (01993 891644 option 2) where Candida will arrange a mutually suitable appointment time.Starting School
Starting a new school is an important time in yours and your child's life, here at Combe Primary School we endeavour to make the transition simple and straightforward. Once you have been allocated a place at our school we invite the new pupils in for a school experience visit to give the children a chance to come into school and 'try out' a full morning with the teachers and other children. The session runs from 9.15am to 11.45am.
We hold an information evening for parents to give you an opportunity to meet your child's class teacher and other members of staff. Here you will be given a host of information about your child's future schooling with us at Combe Primary.
A wealth of information is in the curriculum section of the Parent Info page.
School Layout & Times
The School is divided into four classrooms:
- Reception - Jupiter Class
- Year 1 and Year 2 pupils - Earth Class
- Year 3 and Year 4 pupils - Mars Class
- Year 5 and Year 6 pupils - Saturn Class
A child’s first year at school is their Reception year followed by two years in Key Stage One finishing with four years in Key Stage Two.
Our School day is as follows:
- KS1 / Reception - doors open at 8:45. Register is at 9:00. The day finishes at 3pm
- KS2 - doors open from 8:30. Register is at 8:45. The day finishes at 3pm.
- Morning break (15 minutes) is at 10.15 or 10.30am. Lunchtime (1 hour) is at 12 noon.
- As of September 2014 all pupils in Foundation Stage, Years 1 & 2 are eligible to have free school meals (UIFSM).
- All Foundation and Key Stage 1 children are provided with free fruit and vegetables for morning break times, we always try to ensure a variety is available daily e.g. apples, satsumas, bananas.
- All Foundation children under 5 years old are provided with free milk for morning break. Once your child turns 5 years old and you would like them to continue having milk this can be purchased and invoiced directly with the milk company.
Below is a list of the items that your child will need for normal school activities.
- An additional pair of shoes for indoor use.
- A painting shirt (with a hanging loop), please ensure this is the waterproof type for Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 as they are used for ‘wet’ play as well.
For PE and Games
- A drawstring bag.
- PE shoes (indoor and outdoors) and sports socks.
- PE white Tee-shirt and black shorts.
- Football boots and shinpads for matches (KS2).
- Track suit trousers for outdoor Games.
- A red sweatshirt or hoody for outdoor Games (not the same one worn in class).
- N.B. It is essential that children change ALL clothes for PE and their kit is in school EVERY day.
For Swimming (KS2)
- A costume.
- A towel.
- A swimming hat
- (goggles can only be worn with permission from a parent)
All of the above should be marked clearly with a name.